Thursday, September 2, 2010

My Creative Space: Meet Rubi!

And then she was born...meet the latest member to join the softie family.

Name: Rubi Rose.
D.O.B: 1st September. The first day of Spring!
Hobbies: Just being so damn cute.

Doesn't she look so soft, fluffy and hug-able?


My most favourite part of making Rubi was making her Mary Jane shoes. I hand sewed them because they required a bit of a delicate touch! I love them so much I can't stop making these cute shoes. I teamed the shoes up with some thigh high socks to add some character to her.


Here's a close up of her dress, I used some white lace, pink 100% hand dyed wool felt and cute little love heart buttons.

I really enjoyed making her so much that I have started to make a new batch of sisters for her. This time I made a cute little dress with grey wool felt suspenders and red apple buttons, topped off with a classic pair of black Mary Janes.

Rubi has inspired me so much that I am going to make another special one to give as a gift to my colleague's daughter. She loves the colour purple, so I'm off to search for everything purple now! Cheers!

For more creative goodness from fellow crafters, please visit Kirsty's place for more inspirations!

5 comments:

  1. You have a insane talent for these softies..I love the detail in her face and the shoes are just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg... She is so stylin and perfect!! Love the name and her birthday is even more special!!

    Ps having a giveaway on my blog. Just wanted to share as we were so lucky to receive one of your sorties!!

    Xo Steph

    ReplyDelete