Friday, September 17, 2010

My Creative Space: Did Someone Say Catbitt?

Ohh so late with my Creative Space this week! ohh well better late then never!

This week I've been a bit sidetrack. I wanted to make a softie, but I didn't know what kind of softie I wanted to make, so I just got a whole lot of materials together and designed something on the spot. Not sure if it was a good idea, but this is how it turned out...

I don't even know what this softie is, initially I thought it could be a cat but then I decided to make really long ears for it so it kind of diverted from being a cat! I wanted to make long ears so that kids can grab onto the ears to hold the softie. That idea came from my nephew, where I gave him a monkey with a long tail and he kept on holding onto the tail to swing it around. I think it's crossed between a cat and a bunny :) That's the great thing about softies, there's no right or wrong as long as they're huggable and loved.

So please meet Kobe the Catbitt (cat combined with rabbit)!


Well that's in for me. I am currently working on making some pencil cases and huge huggable pillows, very different from softies so it will be a new learning curve for me :) Also in the pipeline, "With Luv Clementine" will be available on Etsy soon! Stay tunned!

For more inspirations, please visit Kootooyo.

No comments:

Post a Comment