Thursday, June 3, 2010

My Creative Space

This week has been extremely busy, I can't begin to tell you how many moments of "stop and take a deep breathe" I've encountered. I really wish I had more time to dedicate entirely to making my imaginative creatures come to life, but with reality, we're always short of time!

This week I only had time to bring one softie to life, my hippo.

Name: Alice
Height: 35 cms
Hobbies: I like to bath all day long and graze on grass, umm what else did you expect from a hippo?
Bio: I have an obsession with being clean!


I started to make Alice her male companion, Alfred. He's slowly coming to life.



I started to draw again, don't ask me who or what this is, it was just a moment of doodling.
More creative spaces can be seen at Kristy's.

7 comments:

  1. I love a good hippo softie! Very cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even getting one thing finished is an achievment! I like the look of Mr Friend, hope we get to see him when he is finished ox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Alice and Alfred, what a cute couple!! I know what you mean about never having enough time and life getting in the way. Seems to happen to all of us, however it is those small moments of creativity that keep us sane :-) Those hippo's really are too cute! Thanks for visiting my space and for your lovely comment :-) Happy creating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hippos are always a fave around my house. They are adorable

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are the most delightful Hippos I've seen!! Love the colours too!!! Wish I could milk a few more hours out of my day too. Hoping you Friday is especially crafty :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous hippos. I collected them when I was younger for some reason. None as cute as yours though. Your drawing could almost be a Kiwi. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you ladies for the lovely comments!

    ReplyDelete