Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Inspired by Bokeh

Today during my lunch break, I saw some beautiful inspiring photos that gave me a sudden urge where I wanted to run home and pick up my camera and take pictures. Of course I had to surpress that urge!

I stumbled across several photos that were taken using the "Bokeh" technique, where you use the maximum aperture of your lens to create a blurring effect. I loved it to so much that I have set myself a new goal: To learn this Bokeh technique and take a stunning photo!

Earlier this year I finally gave in to the temptation of digital cameras where I brought my first digital SLR, a Nikon 5000D. I have to say this has been one of the best decisions I have made and one of my best buys on impulse :) I never understood what was the obsession with digital SLR cameras until I became an owner of one myself and took my first set of pictures....then it was all fell into place and there was no going back. I only wished I had understood years ago how a digital camera could allow you to expand your creativity and sense of freedom!

I'd like to share with you the photos that sparked some inspiration in my day.

[courtesy of Kevin Eddy: Bokeh Kiss]


[courtesy of jjjohn: Catching the Bokeh]


These pictures made me reminisce about my set of photos I took with my Nikon camera.

Titled: Wild Thorns.

Titled: In the Rain.

Titled: Poppy Dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment